[Vwoolf] Portrait of a Londoner

Stella Deen deenm at newpaltz.edu
Thu Jul 14 20:13:46 EDT 2022

Dear All:

I wonder why the sixth of Woolf's London Scene Essays, "Portrait of a Londoner" is persistently said to have been lost until re-discovered in 2004 at the University of Sussex?  I have not done any research in the archive, sadly, and perhaps the answer is that "Portrait of a Londoner" was not filed with the other manuscripts in the series.  But since the essay was duly published in Good Housekeeping (in December 1932), preceded by the other London Scene essays, was it really "lost"?

Stella Deen (she/her)

Interim Chair, Communication Studies

Associate Professor of English

CSB 50

State University of New York at New Paltz