[Vwoolf] Outside/rs Conference Call for Papers deadline 9th January

Marielle O'Neill (1806529) PHD M.ONeill at leedstrinity.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 13:38:40 EST 2022

Dear Woolfians,

I am writing to remind you that the deadline for the submission of papers for the Outside/rs Conference is 9th January.

Outside/rs 2022 conference will be held 1 and 2 April 2022 and is a hybrid of in-person, at the University of Brighton, and online sessions. The conference will explore sex, gender, and queerness at the margins of society. The title, of course, resonates with Woolf's 'Outsiders' Society'. Delegates will have the choice of attending online or in-person.

For those who exist in queer, marginal, or dissident relations to normativity in its various guises, the 'outside' is a familiar place. As Virginia Woolf famously noted, to be locked out of or barred from spaces of privilege was, and still is, a common experience for women. And it is also a common experience for queer, trans or LGBTQIA+ people, as well as BIPOC communities, disabled and neurodiverse people, working class and colonised populations, and many others.

The conference is designed to platform postgraduate researchers and community groups. We welcome postgraduate researchers to submit papers on a topic or author of their choice that is relevant to the above issues. Please pass on this information to your students who may be interested in attending the conference or submitting a paper.

Please send abstracts of 300 words to outsiders2022 at gmail.com. Papers will be reviewed anonymously so include personal information i.e., name, institutional affiliation, in your submission email only.

We would like to draw your attention to the panel on Queer Bloomsbury. This will be an online panel on Friday, 1 April and will comprise of three presentations (20 minutes each) followed by a half hour discussion/Q&A. The panel will include Madelyn Detloff (Miami University), Jane Goldman (University of Glasgow) and Samson Dittrich (University of Sussex) and will be chaired by Marielle O'Neill (Leeds Trinity University).

We could appreciate it if you forwarded this information to any students or colleagues who may be interested. We welcome everyone to attend.

To buy a ticket:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://delegate.brighton.ac.uk/Registration/Welcome.aspx?e=6AE487F7FA14D616FC2AB8EA0A3CD07E__;!!KGKeukY!k4ogIojonQz09BN1AwvH16xbFZx5pPbCe6OmqpzOU0OoicHEDt-0MypIqcASKvom0zQ$

For all enquiries, please email:
outsiders2022 at gmail.com

Website:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://outsiders2022.wordpress.com/__;!!KGKeukY!k4ogIojonQz09BN1AwvH16xbFZx5pPbCe6OmqpzOU0OoicHEDt-0MypIqcASKMBYzAE$

Thanks, and warm wishes,
Marielle

Marielle O'Neill
Postgraduate Researcher, Leeds Trinity University
Executive Council Member, Virginia Woolf Society of Great Britain
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk/events/__;!!KGKeukY!k4ogIojonQz09BN1AwvH16xbFZx5pPbCe6OmqpzOU0OoicHEDt-0MypIqcAS-iAUHXE$
Programming Co-chair, Outside/rs 2022 Conference
m.oneill at leedstrinity.ac.uk
Pronouns: She/Her