[Vwoolf] Guidance about Woolf-Related Photograph Permissions

danelljones at bresnan.net danelljones at bresnan.net
Thu Dec 22 10:49:57 EST 2022

Yes, indeed, the NPG does have the portrait of the hoaxers seated (but not the one with the hoaxers standing.)

Here’s the rub: although the NPG sells the image they do not claim to own the copyright and will not release the image for publication unless you can show that you have permission from the rights-holders or prove it is in the public domain!

Using illustrations in a book is, as Maggie as said, very challenging. Sigh…

Thank you to everyone for all the good wishes!

Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season,

Danell

The NPG has an original “Dreadnought” photo: https: //www. npg. org. uk/collections/search/portrait/mw136268/The-Dreadnought-Hoax (I bought a copy from them for my study wall. ) Stuart From: Jane Marie Garrity via Vwoolf Sent: Thursday, December

The NPG has an original “Dreadnought” photo:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/portrait/mw136268/The-Dreadnought-Hoax__;!!KGKeukY!1LZr53qC9jELiA2Z7wnkuCM5MJ_0MUdF60bva13XqhzqxViaa0o2CeTVil1XBCYINqPze0_-O5k7TjfdOBZp34aHXdKeM06B97wZaA$  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.npg.org.uk/collections/search/portrait/mw136268/The-Dreadnought-Hoax__;!!KGKeukY!x5MSI992FlCpKmtOTs1qCpy--E6hAdcGfS7P220lb5UKTUhJ3PLv_cMsPwicV0wDi7Dl6GfMAkmmXXJjLNnaMgoCeyk0_xPK77h0cj2htgBYsQ$>