[Vwoolf] WSJ: Great Art Doesn't Care About Fairness, Equality or Identity

Jane Marie Garrity jane.garrity at colorado.edu
Mon Sep 27 21:51:00 EDT 2021

Hi Madelyn, George, and all,
In light of this conversation, I wanted to send a link to a recent Atlantic article—“The New Puritans” (by Anne Applebaum)—because the discussion of cancel culture and academia and is very interesting, particularly the bit about pedagogical discomfort:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/10/new-puritans-mob-justice-canceled/619818/__;!!KGKeukY!nelsWJ8aHqayogmOFgpH2kEYY_YV6UpMr-_srr2gXccZwxU6brEK4tweEt2h_rGLOEXPepN29jzt$ .

The article is too big to send as an attachment, so I hope you can access it.
Best to all—
Jane

Jane Garrity
Associate Professor of English
University of Colorado at Boulder
226 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309-0226
Jane.Garrity at Colorado.Edu<mailto:Jane.Garrity at Colorado.Edu>