[Vwoolf] CFP: Outsiders; abstracts due 1/22; conference online & F2F, 4/2022

Anne Fernald fernald at fordham.edu
Tue Oct 12 11:52:42 EDT 2021

Forwarding on behalf of Marielle O'Neill

Abstracts by 9 January 2022

Friday 1 and Saturday 2 April 2022, University of Brighton, UK and online

Outside/rs 2022 is a conference for postgraduate researchers, early career
researchers and community parties, that provides a space to explore topics
of sex, gender and queerness at the margins. The conference will be a
hybrid of in-person, at the University of Brighton, and online sessions.

Example topics:

Social marginalisation, disruptive gender identities and dissident sexual
cultures

Creating safe-spaces and navigating unsafe ones in terms of gender, sex or
queerness

LGBTQIA+ and Queer political movements or history

Gender, family and kinship issues or politics

Queer arts, literatures, aesthetics and/or performance

New technologies for LGBTQ people: reproductive, non-reproductive and more

(Auto)Biographies and ethnographies within and beyond the gender binary

Queer subjectivities, intersubjectivities and phenomenologies

Gendered or bodily boundaries, political borders and abolitionist responses

Outsides: nomadism, liminality and mobilities

We invite submissions in the form of:

Abstracts for complete papers (300 words)

Abstracts for panels (panels consist of 3 papers: include 300 words for
each abstract and a cover letter)

Workshop proposals (400 words describing the topics, structure and aims of
the workshop)

Abstracts and proposals should be sent to outsiders2022 at gmail.com by 9
January 2022. See the conference website for more details.

For all enquiries or to join our mailing list for the conference, please
email: outsiders2022 at gmail.com

Anne E. Fernald <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.fordham.edu/info/24101/anne_fernald__;!!KGKeukY!mXsydL3LDOUbkCad-P-PPJd9I9v3toy0hbZrW7ejlAVnhoRxK8K6iLJyK0E-eC0c5o4$ > (she/her)
Professor of English and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Special Advisor to the Provost for Faculty Development
Coeditor, Modernism/modernity
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/modernismmodernity__;!!KGKeukY!mXsydL3LDOUbkCad-P-PPJd9I9v3toy0hbZrW7ejlAVnhoRxK8K6iLJyK0E-NFTGTXw$ >
*The Norton Critical Edition of *Mrs. Dalloway
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://wwnorton.com/books/9780393655995__;!!KGKeukY!mXsydL3LDOUbkCad-P-PPJd9I9v3toy0hbZrW7ejlAVnhoRxK8K6iLJyK0E-4if5nyo$ >
*The Oxford Handbook to Virginia Woolf
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-oxford-handbook-of-virginia-woolf-9780198811589?resultsPerPage=2700&lang=en&cc=us__;!!KGKeukY!mXsydL3LDOUbkCad-P-PPJd9I9v3toy0hbZrW7ejlAVnhoRxK8K6iLJyK0E-Wj0X8SA$ >*
fernald at fordham.edu

*zoom office hours, Tuesday 2-3 and Friday 12:30-1:30 & by appt.*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/selfsched?sstoken=UUVQU2FwUENxLUVDfGRlZmF1bHR8YzZjNzQxZWQ0ZDU2ZjlmYTlmY2MwZmMzM2JkNjkwNmM__;!!KGKeukY!mXsydL3LDOUbkCad-P-PPJd9I9v3toy0hbZrW7ejlAVnhoRxK8K6iLJyK0E-Iqsc_I8$ >

*My working hours may not be the same as yours. Please reply when it suits
your work schedule. *