[Vwoolf] Virginia Woolf Walking Stick, Manuscript, and Leonard Letter at Polonsky Exhibit

Adela M Hurtado amh581 at nyu.edu
Fri Oct 1 12:23:12 EDT 2021

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share some pictures of the Virginia Woolf items at the Polonsky “Treasures” Exhibit in the New York Public Library. It’s a wonderful exhibit in general, featuring manuscripts from Mary Wollstonecraft and other writers. It also has art, historical documents, first editions, and memorabilia, even the original Winnie the Pooh toys that inspired the books. If you’re around, definitely check it out here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nypl.org/spotlight/treasures__;!!KGKeukY!haNQhNPO9CtfYmeqEuEIDx6c6K84V9U2PnhhgRRNdvV4kDIkVWKYn3xFLmmfOBjjUvxwATvU_VZv$  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nypl.org/spotlight/treasures__;!!KGKeukY!haNQhNPO9CtfYmeqEuEIDx6c6K84V9U2PnhhgRRNdvV4kDIkVWKYn3xFLmmfOBjjUvxwATvU_VZv$ >.

Anyway, I thought you’d enjoy seeing Virginia Woolf’s walking stick (the same one Leonard Woolf found by the River Ouse), her manuscript of “The Prime Minister,” and Leonard Woolf’s letter to Vita Sackeville-West regarding finding the walking stick and thinking Virginia had drowned herself. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, but I hope you enjoy!

Link to the pictures: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HCrTepn5wkSoyLluuDO9D2CuTx8jXx5x?usp=sharing__;!!KGKeukY!haNQhNPO9CtfYmeqEuEIDx6c6K84V9U2PnhhgRRNdvV4kDIkVWKYn3xFLmmfOBjjUvxwAQlO3XOZ$  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HCrTepn5wkSoyLluuDO9D2CuTx8jXx5x?usp=sharing__;!!KGKeukY!haNQhNPO9CtfYmeqEuEIDx6c6K84V9U2PnhhgRRNdvV4kDIkVWKYn3xFLmmfOBjjUvxwAQlO3XOZ$ >

Thank you!

Adela Hurtado