[Vwoolf] Woolf's 1930 diary

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 11:15:32 EST 2021

 Dear Michael,
Saturday 8 November entry is in vol. 3 of the Diary, pp. 329 to 332:

'pressed his hand' is p. 329'Lycidas' is on p. 330'Yeats said he could not get satisfaction from Milton' is also p. 330
Page numbers are from the Penguin edition of 1982, which I believe has the same pagination as Hogarth Press 1980. (Someone on here is bound to have the HP edition, if you want to verify this.) It's an interesting entry, mostly about meeting Yeats at Ottoline's 'last night', and their conversation about art and literature. At the end of the entry is V's surprisingly unsympathetic view of T. S. Eliot's wife Vivienne: 'This bag of ferrets is what Tom wears round his neck' (p. 331).

All the best,
Sarah

Sarah M. Hall
Executive Council, Virginia Woolf Society of GB
Web: virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk
Facebook: @VWSGB
Twitter: @VirginiaWoolfGB
Instagram: @virginiawoolfsociety