[Vwoolf] CFP: Portmanteau Woolf: Virginia Woolf Miscellany #99:

Shilo McGiff srm10 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 3 14:46:00 EDT 2021

Dear All,

A reminder and an invitation, we are still currently accepting submissions
for Issue #99 of *VWM*. Valérie and I would love to see submissions from
Woolfians new and old, far and wide.

Please feel free to circulate the call (included below in body and here: CFP
Portmanteau Woolf
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://call-for-papers.sas.upenn.edu/cfp/2021/09/09/portmanteau-woolf__;!!KGKeukY!jKsj4H7SQIjoWvpyeuPk50_kVEz9MePWCtLgRLSWypnsev4Jjuw76cMGFYb92pctIBM$ >)
with students and colleagues.

The call can also be found in the most recent issue ( #97) of the *Virginia
Woolf Miscellany*.

We look forward to your contributions!
-----

CFP: Virginia Woolf Miscellany

Issue #99 Spring 2022

Submissions Due: Dec 3 20201

Special Topic:

Portmanteau Woolf

Guest Editors: Valérie Favre and Shilo McGiff

A call for all readers, common and *un*common:

“Virginia Woolf is everywhere” (Brenda Silver, *Virginia Woolf Icon, *xv) …
including where we would not expect her to be. This issue of the *Virginia
Woolf Miscellany* invites readers to explore intuitive echoes, unlikely
pairings, interdisciplinary encounters, strange mash-ups, and generative
(mis)alliances in the Woolfian world. Taking Brenda Silver’s germinal *Virginia
Woolf Icon *as a point of departure and celebrating the recent arrival
of  *Recycling
Woolf in Contemporary Art and Literature *(Monica Latham, Caroline Marie,
Anne-Laure Rigeade – eds), we seek readings that not only revel in Woolf’s
polysemous image as icon and celebrity, but also, that lift away from the
custody battles of Silver’s purview to include recreations, reassemblages,
and remixes occasioned by individual reception and experience. What
idiosyncratic, contingent, and surprise meetings with Woolf and her work
arise from your everyday reading, thinking, living? How, for example, might
a Portmanteau Woolf, propelled by “the dynamism of making connections"
(Sara Ahmed,* Living a Feminist Life,* 3), encourage the making of a
“killjoy survival kit” and reunite Woolf with those miscellaneous, and
sometimes mismatched, “companion texts” (Ahmed, 17) that we carry with us
and which may carry us?

Possible topics include but are not limited to film and theatrical
adaptations, novelistic retranscriptions, fine arts projects, children’s
books, comic strips, ’zines, blogs, graphic novels, auto/biofiction, poems,
Woolf in the Twittersphere, Sartorial Woolf, Woolfian recipes, Woolfian
collectibles, site-specific Woolf, Instagrammable Woolf, Pop Art Woolf, and
Woolfian Graffiti.

Submissions may include criticism, personal essays, poems, artwork, and
photographs, and should be no longer than 2,500 words. Shorter submissions
are encouraged, as well. Please send inquiries or submissions to:

Valérie Favre

vrfavre at gmail.com

and

Shilo McGiff