[Vwoolf] Pllural of "Woolf"?

Jean Mallinson annaj at telus.net
Fri Nov 3 19:21:22 EDT 2017

Reading Bill Goldstein's The Wold Broke in Two, his recent book about
Virginia Woolf, T.S. Eliot, D.H. Lawrence and E.M Forster and the "Year
that changed Literature, I find my  interest engaged by new or forgotten
information and fresh insights into the writing lives of these loved and
familiar figures but I am disturbed by a small detail: he uses
"Woolves", not "Woolfs",  as the plural of "Woolf"    -- not in jest but
seriously. Am I right in wincing every time I read this? How could an
attentive editor not have noticed and corrected this?

Jean  M.