[Studentfolk] Greetings and free items

Martinez-Rivera, Mintzi martinez-rivera.2 at osu.edu
Sun Aug 13 12:06:32 EDT 2023

Dear all,

Hope you are well and (almost) ready for the start of a new academic year.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mintzi Auanda Martínez-Rivera, and I am an incoming Assistant Professor in English and Latinx Studies with an emphasis in Folklore. I will not repeat what you can find in my official OSU page (https://english.osu.edu/people/martinez-rivera.2), but I wanted to share that I have an open-door policy, so if you would like to visit my office or schedule some time to talk, I am happy to discuss research, writing, and (academic) life in general. Moreover, as someone that was recently in the job market, I am happy to share resources, information, and strategies. I also have an amazing Westie named Salgari who may visit campus every so often, so please come say hi to him too.

In addition to introducing myself, I wanted to share a word doc with some household items that I am giving away (they do not fit into my current apartment). For those of you interested, it’s all free and all (except one item) are in excellent condition. Its first come, first serve, so please email me if you would like anything.

I am really looking forward to meeting you all and learning about the amazing things you are doing at OSU.
In solidarity,

Prof. M-R

---
Mintzi Auanda Martínez-Rivera, PhD