[Studentfolk] Consider joining our collaborative research community in Spring 2023

Borland, Katherine borland.19 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 30 12:00:05 EST 2022

CS 8200:  Interdisciplinary Learning Lab
Wednesdays 2:15-5 PM. Hagerty 451
Instructors: Miranda Martinez; Katherine Borland

The Interdisciplinary Learning Lab is a deep dive into experiential, team-based humanities research. Please bring your skills to our community-facing project, tentatively entitled Narratives of Displacement. Working with partners at the AAAS Extension Center, CURA, and the Poindexter Village Museum and Cultural Center, we will gather and display the voices of those removed through forms of gentrification—including mid-century urban renewal and the demise of public housing more recently—and to document the impact on Eastside residents, communities and artistic life. We will explore various possibilities for designing interactive museum exhibits that use history to spark discussions about contemporary issues, challenging the notion that development “just happens.”  Along the way we will reflect on what it means to collaborate ethically, responsibly, and dialogically with community partners to advance their vision.
For more information please contact borland.19 at osu.edu<mailto:borland.19 at osu.edu> and Martinez.475 at osu.edu<mailto:Martinez.475 at osu.edu>