[Studentfolk] FW: Security and Society Summer School - 2022 Online

Borland, Katherine borland.19 at osu.edu
Mon Jun 6 17:09:53 EDT 2022

Dear Colleagues! I would appreciate very much if you could circulate the below to your students. This course is a signicant resume booster, combining more-relevant-than-ever topics with a research internship and publication. While we look forward
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
    Report Suspicious  <https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/KGKeukY!sOQTHYZBQ-cAilqffq-FdICZ_JDrzhk0wL17f6QjB24j2lFYko4LSPbncKxMg0k9UY6okG0maJukC1EzwGeDTft9yfLFBbDaHQ$>   ‌
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Dear Colleagues!

I would appreciate very much if you could circulate the below to your students. This course is a signicant resume booster, combining more-relevant-than-ever topics with a research internship and publication. While we look forward to returning to in-person study in Warsaw next summer, this course works very well online.

We would love to have some students from OSU join us.

Best,

Renee Stillings
Director, SRAS
www.SRAS.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.SRAS.org__;!!KGKeukY!yopm-8jE3mOdYV9mqBNkPP4eGhOIPYYFBkmL2tJkJW1N6e-pycUcZbr5Hu-kzHd3yOpKHqQQ-GhvDj0TKMBHqw$>

***

The 8th Security and Society Summer School<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/sras.heiapply.com/course.php?id=9161&back_link=filter*7Clevel*search*7C*level_id*7C268__;JSolKiU!!KGKeukY!yopm-8jE3mOdYV9mqBNkPP4eGhOIPYYFBkmL2tJkJW1N6e-pycUcZbr5Hu-kzHd3yOpKHqQQ-GhvDj1DNqygpw$>, hosted by Collegium Civitas in Warsaw, Poland, is online this summer due to the refugee crisis resulting from the Russia-Ukraine war. Nonetheless, the topics of this summer school are even more relevant today. This online course presents two of the most popular features of the Security and Society Summer School - the two-week intensive course on Central Europe & Security Issues, with an optional four-week research internship with the Terrorism Research Center. The efforts of this research internship result in publication<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/securityandsociety.org/publications/__;!!KGKeukY!yopm-8jE3mOdYV9mqBNkPP4eGhOIPYYFBkmL2tJkJW1N6e-pycUcZbr5Hu-kzHd3yOpKHqQQ-GhvDj0g7NUrew$>.

This course offers a broad overview of the modern security challenges faced by the countries of Central Europe and more broadly by NATO and the European Union. This year we will focus on the regional and global implications of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, along with the broad topics of war, international law relating to war, and peacebuilding. Other topics include hybrid threats, cybersecurity, and terrorism. In the era of globalization and interconnectivity emerging security threats affect the whole world. Thus, much of this course will taught toward understanding how these issues are also affecting other geopolitical hotspots around the world.

View the syllabus for this course here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/drive.google.com/file/d/1CNzi7R1vnbxRcRzTs6vHyc2F5KxTF6pH/view?usp=sharing__;!!KGKeukY!yopm-8jE3mOdYV9mqBNkPP4eGhOIPYYFBkmL2tJkJW1N6e-pycUcZbr5Hu-kzHd3yOpKHqQQ-GhvDj23e6EkgA$>. In addition to academic credit, this program is very much a resume-building experience.
Program dates: June 20 - July 29, 2022
Application deadline: June 15, 2022
Cost: $750 (course only) / $1270 (course + internship)
Credits: 6 ECTS (3 US semester)
More information and enrollment<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/sras.heiapply.com/course.php?id=9161&back_link=filter*7Clevel*search*7C*level_id*7C268__;JSolKiU!!KGKeukY!yopm-8jE3mOdYV9mqBNkPP4eGhOIPYYFBkmL2tJkJW1N6e-pycUcZbr5Hu-kzHd3yOpKHqQQ-GhvDj1DNqygpw$>