[Studentfolk] A Pair of Workshops for Graduate Students and other interested parties

Borland, Katherine borland.19 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 21 14:40:17 EST 2022

We invite you to engage with Rachel Gonzalez Martin (Folklore and Latinx Studies) and Sophia Enriquez (Ethnomusicology and Latinx Studies) in a two-part workshop, entitled: Rethinking the canon: research practices in 21st century US-folklore studies.

This is the third workshop in the Decolonizing Folklore and Ethnomusicology series. The workshop will take place on zoom. There will be some reading and a reflective assignment between the two sessions.  We ask that all who register participate in the entire program.

March 23rd: 1-2 PM. Convening/Setting Expectations

March 30th: 1-3 PM. Kitchen Table Discusson.  What is my canon, and how does it shape
                                                                                     my  ways of knowing?

Part 1: https://osu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMlde-urzMvGdLHgEre3K_xMxAC6szQsgtG

Part 2: https://osu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEpcOuqrTIsE9OF8eGr7eNK-6l447FH0xsB

Sincerely,

Katey Borland

Katherine Borland
Director, Center for Folklore Studies<http://cfs.osu.edu/>
Associate Professor, Comparative Studies
Principal Investigator, Be the Street<https://u.osu.edu/bethestreet/>
The Ohio State University
Borland.19 at osu.edu<mailto:Borland.19 at osu.edu>