[Somean] OSUCHiLL 2023 Call for Papers

Perez, Ileana perez.641 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Oct 26 11:34:31 EDT 2022

Hi all,

I am excited to announce that the call for papers is now open for the 26th Annual Ohio State University Congress on Hispanic and Lusophone Linguistics (OSUCHiLL), to take place on March 24-25, 2023. This year, the conference will take place in person with an online component. We are delighted to welcome Dr. Mike Mena (Brooklyn College, CUNY) and Dr. Dr. Sylvia Sierra (Syracuse University) as keynote speakers.

We welcome papers in English, Spanish, or Portuguese dealing with any aspect of linguistics in the Hispanic or Lusophone world, including but not limited to: sociolinguistics, language contact, language policy, language and education, creole and indigenous languages, psycholinguistics, historical linguistics, phonetics/phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics. Spanish, Portuguese, and English can be used during talks. Speakers will be given 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for discussion questions.

Please use the following link to submit your abstract: https://old.linguistlist.org/confservices/customhome.cfm?Emeetingid=6302JA44587E764A406050441

And for more detail visit our website at https://sppo.osu.edu/research/osu-congress-on-hispanic-lusophone-linguistics-symposium or contact us at osuchill at osu.edu<mailto:osuchill at osu.edu>

We look forward to receiving your submissions,

Natàlia Server Benetó  & Ileana Perez

Co-organizers OSUCHiLL 2023

osuchill at osu.edu<mailto:osuchill at osu.edu>

Ileana Perez
Graduate Teaching Associate
Ph.D. Student in Hispanic Linguistics
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
286 Hagerty Hall, 1775 College Road, Columbus, OH 43210<webextlink://1775%20College%20Road,%20Columbus,%20OH%2043210>
perez.641 at osu.edu<mailto:perez.641 at osu.edu>
Pronouns: she/her/hers