[Sc-aquaponics] fish fact sheet and office hours

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 13 15:22:33 EDT 2021

All,

I hope all is well. For a Fish Fact sheet, I'll share some ways to develop your enterprise budgets for your operation, and reviewing the financial health of your farm. HERE <https://ag.purdue.edu/agecon/Pages/Aquaculture-Budget.aspx> is a link for Purdue University. They have several excel spreadsheets available!

Attached is a dated document for the production of largemouth bass fingerlings. Keep in mind that while the numbers that were input into this document is 10+ years old, the way the tables are generated has not changed. For example, we know feed, electrical costs, labor, and items such as fuel need to have an updated average cost, but they still need included. Some of this can easily be adopted for other pond cultured fish in Ohio and the Midwest.

For the aquaponic farmers, I'll share the Aquaponics and Economics presentation by Dr. Hanson as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ4kPr6sosQ

I also share Annual checkup of farm financial health: pitfalls and strategies for success<https://southcenters.osu.edu/abc2_intensive_july2017> by Dr. Engle. This was an Aquaculture Boot Camp presentation from 2017. Other presentations are from Jonathan van Senten and myself. Consider doing a check up on your farm's financial health over this winter.

I hope you will join me tomorrow (Oct 14th) between 1 and 3pm ET for my open office hours. I would like to conduct a workshop this fall, and I want to hear from you about what you would like to learn about. Email, text, join my office hours, or message the group/me on the Ohio Aquaculture Association members-only Discord app.

We all know I am not an economist, but I follow out squaculture economist's viewpoints when it comes to generating an enterprise budget, and I'm here to help if I can. Come join my office hours if you want to talk about building a budget or the farm financial health presentation.

Regards,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew Smith is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Open Office Hours - Matt Smith, OSU Extension
Time: Oct 14, 2021 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://osu.zoom.us/j/93847589186?pwd=c3NPQUZZcHFGVGRyOTlrN1dKc0tsQT09

Password: 11460
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,93847589186#,,,,0#,,11460# US (New York)
+16513728299,,93847589186#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Minnesota)

Dial by your location
        +1 651 372 8299 US (Minnesota)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

Matt