[Sc-aquaponics] Fish Fact Sheet and Office Hours

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 4 11:02:34 EST 2021

All,

Every 4-5 years aquaculture Extension folks throughout the country come together for a conference called the National Aquaculture Extension Conference (NAEC). Since this committee had a meeting recently about the 2021 summer meeting, I thought it might be worth it to have our Fish Fact Sheet consist of the video playlist from our last meeting in 2017. The collection of presentations in the playlist includes research highlights, updates on extension programming, regulation updates, education for the educators, and more.

Attached are the abstracts from the conference. The table of contents lists all abstracts, and if you would like to watch the person's video after reading an interesting abstract, just follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCevU6JxOsIM6j0jFaBl3cyg/featured.

Keep in mind these include presentations of Extension folks from all over the U.S.. A couple examples of presentations that might interest you:

~Aquaculture engineering Extension in North Carolina: venues and events
~HACCP for seafood safety and preventing movement of aquatic invasive species
~Pitfalls and honey traps in aquaculture farm management -- an economic perspective
~Why do so many Americans react negatively to increasing aquaculture in the U.S.?

Office hours - Want to chat about these presentations or anything else? The link for open office hours is below. Does Friday not work for you? Message me and we can set up a time to chat. As always, anyone from the Midwest can join in the on the calls thanks to NCRAC.

Please share this with other farmers in your state.

Matthew Smith is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: OSU Extension open office hours with Matt Smith
Time: Feb 5, 2021 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://osu.zoom.us/j/97559626020?pwd=UVprbFFkdUIwem5oRThYTWdwVHhWdz09

Meeting ID: 975 5962 6020
Password: 11460
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 651 372 8299 US (Minnesota)

Contact Us
----------

- Phone: 614-688-4357 (HELP)
- Email: carmenzoom at osu.edu
- In Person: https://techhub.osu.edu/buckeyebar
- Accessibility Help Line: 614-292-5000

Matt

[The Ohio State University]
Matthew A. Smith
Program Director, Aquaculture Extension

Madison County Extension Office
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
217 Elm Street, London, Ohio 43140
740.852.0975 ext 17 Office
smith.11460 at osu.edu