[Sc-aquaponics] Fish Fact Sheet Friday and Office Hours

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 8 10:42:11 EST 2021

All,

In a time where we are seeing many canceled in-person winter meetings due to the global pandemic, it's more important than ever for producer associations to show value to their members in many ways. This is very important so that members continue to participate in meetings and get togethers, seek board positions, pay dues, and develop relationships with other members. We know that one of the many benefits of producers coming together at meetings is the opportunity to talk with one another and to share stories.

Dr. Engle and some folks in the region were funded by NCRAC a few years back to look specifically at our north central region state aquaculture associations.

You can find the Strengthening Aquaculture Associations webinar here: https://www.ncrac.org/video/strengthening-aquaculture-associations

The final report from that team is also very important to see, such as, why farmers join/don't join state associations, why farmers left associations, why they participate/don't participate, etc. The tables start on page 53, and I would suggest skimming down to that part if you didn't want to read the entire document.

https://www.ncrac.org/files/project/files/termination_report_0.pdf (also attached in PDF to this email).

Feel free to share this with others and your associations.

Want to talk about strengthening your state/species/system/ aquaculture association? Join me from 1-3pm Eastern for my open Zoom office hours. Again, I'm currently receiving funds from NCRAC to assist the entire region so don't feel like you must be in Ohio to reach out!

Matthew Smith is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: OSU Extension open office hours with Matt Smith
Time: Jan 8, 2021 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://osu.zoom.us/j/97559626020?pwd=UVprbFFkdUIwem5oRThYTWdwVHhWdz09

Meeting ID: 975 5962 6020
Password: 11460
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Washington D.C)
+13126266799,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 651 372 8299 US (Minnesota)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 975 5962 6020
Password: 11460

Regards,

Matt

[The Ohio State University]
Matthew A. Smith
Program Director, Aquaculture Extension

Madison County Extension Office
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
217 Elm Street, London, Ohio 43140
740.852.0975 ext 17 Office
smith.11460 at osu.edu