[Sc-aquaponics] Fish Fact Sheet Friday and Open Office Hours

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Fri Nov 20 10:52:51 EST 2020

Midwest aquaculture,

I hope y'all are doing well and staying safe out there. Franklin County, Ohio, home to Ohio State University, just moved into the "Level 4" AKA "purple" which is our highest level regarding a coronavirus advisory map.

For this week's Fact Sheet Fish Friday, I will share below a link to the PDFs of all presentations that occurred at the 2014 North Central Aquaculture Conference in Toledo, Ohio. This was before my time in the region, but there is some great information to learn. Since I don't want to overwhelm anyone, see below 2 presentations I picked that you may be interested in reading about.

  *   Fish Nutrition 101 - Feeds & Feeding Strategies for Aquaculture<https://southcenters.osu.edu/sites/southc/files/site-library/site-documents/abc/feb2014/Fish%20Nutrition%20101%20FeedsFeedingStrategiesForAquacultureJesseTrushenski.pdf>, Jesse Trushenski
  *   Fuzzy Winter Sunfish: Influence of Management Decisions on Fungus Outbreaks<https://southcenters.osu.edu/sites/southc/files/site-library/site-documents/abc/feb2014/FuzzyWinterSunfishChrisWeeksDaveSmith.pdf>, Joe Morris and David Starling

The link for all presentations, which include, for example,

  *   Dr. Weeks' presentation on trout system designs
  *   Dr. Smith's presentation on hybrid aquaponics
  *   Alan Johnson's presentation on walleye culture
  *   Dr. Tiu's presentation on freshwater prawn culture
  *   Drs. Stone and Quagrainie's presentation on farm certification
  *   Allen's presentation on shrimp farming indoors in America

can be found here: https://southcenters.osu.edu/node/1470

See you from 1-3pm eastern today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew Smith is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: OSU Extension open office hours with Matt Smith
Time: Nov 20, 2020 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
        Every week on Fri, 19 occurrence(s)
        Nov 20, 2020 01:00 PM

Join Zoom Meeting
https://osu.zoom.us/j/97559626020?pwd=UVprbFFkdUIwem5oRThYTWdwVHhWdz09

Meeting ID: 975 5962 6020
Password: 11460
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Washington D.C)
+13126266799,,97559626020#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 651 372 8299 US (St. Paul)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 975 5962 6020
Password: 11460

Matt

[The Ohio State University]
Matthew A. Smith
Program Director, Aquaculture Extension

Madison County Extension Office
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
217 Elm Street, London, Ohio 43140
740.852.0975 ext 17 Office
smith.11460 at osu.edu