[Sc-aquaponics] Ohio State aquaculture open zoom hours today

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 9 11:53:47 EDT 2020

All,

sorry for delay. Another fun morning of Zooming. I didn't have a ton of time to think about another great topic for my open Zoom office hours, so I will instead offer up potential discussion on something that's been on my mind the last couple of weeks as Ohio State, Purdue, and SIU-Carbondale work to develop our full proposal that is going to the North Central Regional Aquaculture Center.

Pond intensification through for example, - intensively aerated, split ponds, or pond side tank culture, is common for those farmers looking to increase pounds of fish per acre of water. In or region, we know of at least two producers using pond side tanks, 1 producer using split ponds, and 1 producer using intensively aerated. There are positives and negatives to intensification. Do you know them?

Have any questions or want to chat on various pond-based production systems? Come chat from 1-3pm Eastern today on Zoom. The link and password are below. There is a great 2014 write-up regarding alternative pond-based systems.

As always, you don't have to wait for open Zoom office hours to reach out to me.

Talk soon.

Matt

[The Ohio State University]
Matthew A. Smith
Program Director, Aquaculture Extension

Madison County Extension Office
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
217 Elm Street, London, Ohio 43140
740.852.0975 ext 17 Office
smith.11460 at osu.edu

____________________
Matthew Smith is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Open Office Hours for Midwest Aquaculture/Aquaponic Information Exchange
Time: Oct 9, 2020 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
        Oct 9, 2020 01:00 PM
        Mar 19, 2021 01:00 PM
        Jun 11, 2021 01:00 PM
        Sep 3, 2021 01:00 PM
        Nov 26, 2021 01:00 PM
Weekly: https://osu.zoom.us/meeting/tJIkcOyrrD0iH9VG2_6N8x_gypMRPjNsijuv/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCupzwvGdaTuByGRowAHY_CZ-nzpiFHgvpru03aVQ4LejzxL_JvAIJ1PsvZ

Join Zoom Meeting
https://osu.zoom.us/j/96975326851?pwd=M0VydWgrdDZNWDltMFFCakZySVQwUT09

Meeting ID: 969 7532 6851
Password: 11460
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,96975326851#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,96975326851#,,,,0#,,11460# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 651 372 8299 US (St. Paul)