[Sc-aquaponics] virtual open aquaculture extension hours every Friday at 1pm Eastern

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Mon Sep 28 17:02:22 EDT 2020

Aquaculture and aquaponic folks,

I hope all is well. As we continue to see Zoom and other on-line video platforms being utilized to communicate, I thought I should incorporate more "virtual office hours". OSU has our travel pretty restricted until, at minimum, the end of the year. Y'all already know you can e-mail me anytime, and I am generally pretty quick to respond. But I thought it might would be nice to have open hours so that you can drop by to video chat with me without feeling the need to schedule/call/text ahead of time. Zoom is easy to use and you can use it from your cell phone as long as you have internet connection. Zoom gives me the opportunity to pull up videos/publications and other resources for you to see to help you in real time.

While I know most folks have used Zoom by now, you can find tutorials here - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-video-tutorials.

Please think about dropping in any Friday from 1pm - 3pm Eastern. I may adjust hours if need be.

Feel free to drop in, no matter the topic. Marketing, water quality, system design, troubled system, questions about one of our videos/presentations, etc. If you just want to check in with me and let me know how the farm is going, then I would love to hear from you too! If more than 1 person joins at a time, I might separate attendees so folks are not engaging in conversations they should not be part of.

I will send reminders every Friday morning to aqua-ohio, sc-aquaponics, and NCR-listserv to let everyone know the hours are there. We have all been segregated for so long - I hope y'all swing by with your questions.

See below for the Zoom log-in information. OSU states a password is required, see below the highlighted link and password. As a reminder, anyone from the 12 state Midwest region is welcome to this meeting thanks to support by the North Central Regional Aquaculture Center - https://www.ncrac.org/.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew Smith is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Open Office Hours for Midwest Aquaculture/Aquaponic Information Exchange
Time: Oct 2, 2020 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
        Every 12 weeks on Fri, until Nov 26, 2021, 6 occurrence(s)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://osu.zoom.us/j/96975326851?pwd=M0VydWgrdDZNWDltMFFCakZySVQwUT09

Meeting ID: 969 7532 6851
Password: 11460
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,96975326851#,,,,0#,,11460# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,96975326851#,,,,0#,,11460# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 651 372 8299 US (St. Paul)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 969 7532 6851
Password: 11460
Find your local number: https://osu.zoom.us/u/abUDatAtv

Join by SIP
96975326851 at zoomcrc.com
---

The Ohio State University
=========================

CarmenZoom is supported by the Office of Distance Education and eLearning: http://odee.osu.edu/

Support Resources
-----------------

- System Status: https://go.osu.edu/systemstatus
- Find solutions and report issues: https://go.osu.edu/it
- Help Articles: https://resourcecenter.odee.osu.edu/carmenzoom
- Non-Discrimination Notice: https://go.osu.edu/nondiscrimination-notice
- Privacy Statement: https://osu.edu/privacy

Contact Us
----------

- Phone: 614-688-4357 (HELP)
- Email: carmenzoom at osu.edu
- In Person: https://techhub.osu.edu/buckeyebar
- Accessibility Help Line: 614-292-5000

Matt

[The Ohio State University]
Matthew A. Smith
Program Director, Aquaculture Extension

Madison County Extension Office
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences
217 Elm Street, London, Ohio 43140
740.852.0975 ext 17 Office
smith.11460 at osu.edu