[Sc-aquaponics] Student internship available this fall at an aquaponic farm?

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Wed May 20 11:56:57 EDT 2020

Aquaponic folks,

I hope all is well, or as good as can be expected. I do hope that as restaurants start to ease back open that your orders pick up. Undoubtedly COVID-19 will have an impact on our food systems for the foreseeable future.

I realize these times are…. hectic, to put it lightly. However, I did want to send a request out to the central Ohio aquaponic farms and see if anyone is looking for some help this fall. A College of Engineering (Chemical Engineering) undergrad student at OSU is interested in aquaponics and since she is required to do an internship, she thought what better option than to be involved in the industry. This would need to be a paid internship for her through the farm. I am not sure of the minimum hours that would be required for her internship.

Please reach out to me if you think you could use some help. She’s interested in aquaponics, but I’m sure she would love to learn the physical and chemical engineering behind your systems.

Stay safe.

Matt Smith
smith.11460 at osu.edu<mailto:smith.11460 at osu.edu>