[Sc-aquaponics] OAA Alert! Ohio Aquaculture Conference / North Central Aquaculture Conference Confusion

Alycia Brehm alybrehm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 12:18:42 EST 2020

 Fellow Aquatic Culturists,

It has been pointed out to me that some might be confused that the North
Central Aquaculture Conference may be in addition to the Ohio Aquaculture
Conference to be held later.  Indeed, non-Ohio registrations for the North
Central Conference exceed expectations yet registrations from Ohio are
intriguingly low.  However, in years when the Ohio Aquaculture Association
hosts the North Central Conference, there is no later Ohio Aquaculture
Conference that year.  Our annual OAA business meeting will be prior to the
Social at the North Central Aquaculture Conference.

Use the North Central Conference as your annual opportunity to educate
yourselves and network with friends.  Thus, please register and attend the
North Central Aquaculture Conference as it will be the OAA's
"participatory" conference for winter 2020.  Again, you can register at
https://ohioaquaculture.org/events.  The last day for Early-Bird pricing is
this Tuesday, Jan. 21st.

The OAA Board realizes the cost is $50 more than the Ohio Conference, but
the North Central Conference is larger and requires a hotel venue rather
than the Quest Conference Center you are familiar with.  54 presentations
rather than the typical 24, 38 exhibitors rather than 20-21, and the
presence of NCRAC researchers, and extension personnel, and increased
attendance from out-of-state producers makes the extra $50 well worth it to
every producer.

I apologize if any Ohio folks are confused but again, the North Central
Aquaculture Conference is our conference for this year.  Deadlines are
looming, so make our life hectic and register this weekend.

Bill Lynch
OAA President

--

*Alycia Brehm*