[Sc-aquaponics] 2019 Polar Vortex Small Business Administration Disaster Relief Assistance

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Fri Aug 9 15:31:44 EDT 2019

All,

I tried going to the source (U.S. Small Business Administration website and elsewhere) will little success confirming this is solely for aquaculture enterprises in these counties in northern Ohio (Wood, Huron, Erie, Lucas, Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca). However, if you are in these counties, were impacted by the polar vortex, and assistance is needed, you may want to apply here for a loan - https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.

Here is the article I am referring to that I received through my Google Alerts : https://www.sent-trib.com/community/sba-economic-injury-disaster-loans-available-in-ohio/article_d8be52a6-bab0-11e9-840c-6b6c8359c17e.html

"The U.S. Small Business Administration announced today that Economic Injury Disaster Loans are available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and private nonprofit organizations located in Ohio as a result of freeze, winds, cold and polar vortex that occurred from Jan. 20 through April 30.”

The last line in the article states “Submit completed loan applications to SBA no later than March 25.” - I am assuming that they mean March 25, 2020.

Regards,

Matt

[cid:DF6221B6-6BF3-4490-9FB4-06DD2F28C24E at home]

Matthew A. Smith
Program Director, Aquaculture Extension
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences

Madison County Extension Office
217 Elm Street, London, OH 43140
740.852.0975 ext 17 Office
Website: go.osu.edu/aqua<http://go.osu.edu/aqua>