[Sc-aquaponics] Fwd: Practical Aquaponics Workshop in Lexington KY Saturday, April 27th, 2019

Smith, Matthew A. smith.11460 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 12 09:46:13 EDT 2019

All,

Please see below for an opportunity to learn more about aquaponics in Kentucky! Sounds like a good time!

Matt

[cid:8753421a-2393-489a-9ba1-a5e596b5203f at prod.exchangelabs.com]

Matthew A. Smith
Program Director, Aquaculture Extension
College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences

Madison County Extension Office
217 Elm Street, London, OH 43140
740.852.0975 ext 17 Office
smith.11460 at osu.edu<mailto:smith.11460 at osu.edu> / osu.edu<http://osu.edu>

Good afternoon,

I wanted to pass along this aquaponics workshop opportunity. KSU will be co-hosting a practical aquaponics workshop at FoodChain<http://foodchainlex.org/> in Lexington, KY on Saturday April 27th.

The morning session will be an introduction to aquaponics (lecture). We will then spend the afternoon talking about building a small-scale system. We will have a few examples of systems, different options for fish tanks and solids filtration (purchased and DIY), and other design and operation considerations. We will also demonstrate water quality and talk about how to maintain optimal levels. Following the workshop there will be a social hour at West 6th Brewery (next door to FoodChain).

Participants will take home a USB with step-by-step instructions on how to build your own small-scale system, copies of the presentations, and other practical information. Attached is the full announcement. Here is the link to register<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intermediate-aquaponics-workshop-tickets-59594360336>. Cost of the workshop is $45 – all proceeds will go towards FoodChain’s teaching and education initiatives.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Hope to see you there!

Janelle Hager

Research Associate Aquaponics
Aquaculture Research Center
Kentucky State University