[Sc-aquaponics] Fwd: 2019 Midwest Expo

Alycia Brehm alybrehm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:56:52 EST 2018

Fellow Aquatic Culturists,

The Ohio Aquaculture Association (OAA) has secured a booth at the 2019
Mid-America Restaurant Expo to be held in Columbus, OH on January 13-14.
The Expo is having a special exhibit area titled "Farmers Crossing" to
facilitate the "farm-to-table" concept by positioning local farms and their
products to restaurant chefs.  Attached is an info. sheet for the Farmers
Crossing exhibit area.  The Expo is pleased to have an organization
representing a multitude of aquatic culturists exhibit during the Expo.
The OAA will staff the exhibit and interact with chefs and other food
purchasers during the two day event on your behalf.  Besides having the new
OAA displays on-site, we are planning to accomplish two additional
activities to benefit your business.

1.  We will invite chefs, etc to provide us their contact info and
aquatic/aquaponic products they are looking for, and then compile that to
send to those of you who participate in this endeavor.

2.  The OAA would also like to compile a booklet of Ohio aquatic producers
that Expo attendees can take with them and use throughout the year as they
try and connect with aquatic producers to buy product.  Our current plan is
for the booklet to contain your business cards.  Thus, please send me a
high-quality pdf of your business card to blmillperch at gmail.com or mail
several business cards to me c/o of Bill Lynch, OAA President, 9676
Harriott Rd., Marysville, OH 43040. If your business card does not
specifically identify what products you have available, please indicate
that in your return email with your pdf or insert a note in the envelop
with your card. * Unfortunately, time is short to develop this booklet, so
a pdf or actual cards need to be to me by next Friday, December 21st! Do it
today!   *Sorry about the urgency but we only found out about this
opportunity several days ago.  Note: if the booklet proves to be
cost-prohibitive, I will get back to each of you and request a supply of
business cards so we can have them available for pick-up by attendees.

We are not charging you to accomplish this as this is the type of activity
the OAA does on behalf of its members.  Non-OAA folks wanting to
participate in the OAA's Expo exhibit can certainly do so by joining the
OAA. See attachment or go to https://www.ohioaquaculture.org/membership.
Joining now will make you a member for 2019.

Please give strong consideration to taking advantage of this opportunity.
4000+ people, mostly chefs and food purchasers, attend this Expo!

Happy Holidays

Bill Lynch
OAA President

--