[Sc-aquaponics] Fwd: Bus Tour

Ohio Aquaculture ohioaquaculture at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 13:59:07 EDT 2018

Folks,

Just wanted to remind you that the deadline to register for the OAA/ABC-2
2018 Bus Tour is fast approaching - Friday, October 19th.  We have a few
seats still available.  The Bus Tour is Saturday, October 27th.  I've
attached the flyer to provide specifics about the tour.  Lunch is included
in the cost.  Only $50 for OAA Members and $75 for non-OAA members for an
entire day of learning and networking.

Just a few words about each stop in addition to what's on the flyer.  .

Brehm's Perch Farm is involved along with Millcreek Perch Farm on the NCRAC
research project designed to intensify production of fish in ponds
considerably above the traditional production levels. Brehm's Perch Farm is
working on the split-pond production segment of the project and attendees
will see the split pond system.  Millcreek Perch Farm is working on the
continuous, intensive aeration segment of the project and I will be present
to answer questions about that strategy.

Oasis Aqua Farm is a very unique aquaponics facility in that they are an
aqua urban community supported agriculture (CSA) entity - many CSA's are
located in rural areas using traditional land growing techniques.  Oasis
also grows crayfish to sell in addition to fish, the only facility in Ohio
currently doing so that I am aware of.

Jones Fish Hatcheries and Distributors is simply one of the largest aquatic
management companies in the region if not the U.S., with a large staff
providing an incredible array of services to pond and lake owners.
 Additionally, Jones is committed to buying Ohio raised fish for their fish
stocking programs, a commitment that not only strengthens Ohio aquaculture
and aquaponics but potentially also your operation.  I'm sure their folks
can enlighten you about their needs and maybe you can be one of their fish
suppliers.

If you plan on attending, I'd register soon!  Hope to see you on the 27th.

Take Care.

Bill Lynch
OAA President

--