[Sc-aquaponics] NCRAC Bulk-Feed and Equipment Interest Survey

Alycia Brehm alybrehm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 17:09:05 EST 2018

*Greetings!*

*My name is Ashtyn and I am the owner of The Ocean's Friend Aquaculture,
LLC. We are an aquaculture farm focused on saltwater species, currently
producing roughly 1100 lbs of Pacific Whiteleg Shrimp (Litopenaeus
vannamei) per month. I am currently in the NCRAC Leadership Program, where
my goal is to tackle one issue that is impeding the progress of aquaculture
in the USA. I decided to focus on two, setting up a bulk feed ordering
system and a online used/economical equipment trading center. Both would
help decrease the per unit cost of operating an aquaculture farm,
especially for those farms just starting out or thinking of starting. *

*I'm collecting data through a survey to see the interest level among
current and potential producers in Ohio. If you would be so kind to
respond, it would be much appreciated. I'm hopeful to have something
rolling in Spring 2018 and will keep all interested individuals informed.
Thanks so much!*

*Ashtyn*

*Please follow the link to complete the survey: *
*https://goo.gl/forms/zVrCgyZlcLvxFADA2
<https://goo.gl/forms/zVrCgyZlcLvxFADA2>*