[Sc-aquaponics] FW: Survey of Commercial Aquaponics Production Systems

Tiu, Laura tiu.2 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 31 11:58:48 EDT 2015

I encourage anyone selling product from their aquaponics operation to participate in this survey.  This type of research data is necessary to encourage USDA and other funding agencies to open up their RFP's for aquaponics and perhaps dedicate more resources to supporting the industry.
Laura Tiu

Good Morning,

I would like to ask for your help in getting commercial aquaponics producers (those who sell product) to take the anonymous survey I have released as part of my SARE Graduate Student Research Grant "Economics of Commercial Aquaponic Production Systems". Here is the survey link: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2f5umuSOXAYoSxL.

I am asking that commercial producers have one person from their organization (preferably the owner / main operator) take the survey. This survey is part of my research grant, and the findings will be released in a final report along with economic analyses of 3 different commercial aquaponics systems.

My intention is to release some best management practices to the public to increase the likelihood of successful commercial aquaponics businesses. Please share the link with producers you know, and I would love suggestions or contacts to help spread the survey. I hope to get 100 producers to take the survey, and your help will be HIGHLY appreciated!

Thank you,

Kevin Heidemann
Extension Associate

University of Kentucky