[Sc-aquaponics] Aquaponics News

Tiu, Laura tiu.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jan 14 15:10:27 EST 2014

[Facebook icon]<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-fb-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-t/>

Like<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-fb-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-i/>

[Twitter icon]<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-tw-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-d/>

Tweet<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-tw-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-h/>

[Forward icon]<http://nelsonandpade.forwardtomyfriend.com/r-tjhjykdjtd-71E2FBF9-pskrid-l-k>

Forward<http://nelsonandpade.forwardtomyfriend.com/r-tjhjykdjtd-71E2FBF9-pskrid-l-u>

[https://i5.createsend1.com/ti/r/6D/4DB/51F/152814/images/nelson-logo.123024.png]

TABLE OF CONTENTS

UWSP Aquaponics Course - Registration Open!

Complete Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems®

More Aquaponics Training Opportunities

Tour our Facility

Questions? We have Answers!

UWSP Aquaponics Course - Registration Open!

[https://i1.createsend1.com/ei/r/29/F86/E96/csimport/uwsplogo.121948.png]

Registration is OPEN<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-e/>
Spring 2014 Aquaponics Courses at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point.
Space is limited so register now before it is too late!
UW-Stevens Point’s Continuing Education program, Department of Biology and Northern Aquaculture Demonstration Facility have partnered with Nelson and Pade Inc. to offer a full semester course, Introduction to Aquaponics. It is available as either a two credit or three credit course.  All lectures and discussions take place online The three credit option includes a 3-day lab session at Nelson and Pade, Inc's demonstration greenhouse in Montello, WI
Learn More<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-s/>
Watch the Video!<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-g/>
Positive Feedback from Students
Attendee, Kevin Savage, a High School Science Instructor from Cincinnati, commented, "I wanted to drop you a short note to thank you for the UWSP Introduction to Aquaponics course this past spring.  It was a great learning experience for me, and thoroughly enjoyed the online experience.  I am glad that I opted for including the lab portion in Montello - I am a visual/kinesthetic learner and the hands-on activities helped solidify things in my mind."
Developed in Partnership: UWSP and Nelson and Pade, Inc
The course was developed jointly by Chris Hartleb, UW-Stevens Point Professor of Biology, and Rebecca Nelson and John Pade of Nelson and Pade, Inc., a Montello-based company specializing in aquaponics technology, systems and training. Aquaponics is the cultivation of fish and plants together in a constructed, re-circulating ecosystem that utilizes natural bacterial cycles to convert fish waste to plant nutrients.
Registration open for Spring 2014 Semester
The next offering for this course is the spring, 2014 semester.  The lectures run from late February – early May and take place online, each with a self-study session followed by a live chat with one of the three instructors. The hands-on lab sessions for the three credit course are held in May at Nelson and Pade Inc.’s demonstration greenhouse in Montello, WI.
“This private/public partnership and the resulting UW-Stevens Point aquaponics course is a new stage in the development of the aquaponics industry and in providing comprehensive training in aquaponics at the university level,” said Hartleb.
Course Content
The course covers an introduction to and history of aquaponics, applications and benefits, system components, water quality dynamics, environmental control, plant crop choices and plant biology, fish selection and fish biology, integrated pest management and biosecurity, daily operation and record keeping, good agricultural practices, economics of aquaponics and marketing.
Open to All - Students from Around the World
The course is open to students at UWSP as well as students from other colleges and universities anywhere in the world, through UWSP Continuing Education. Registration is through UWSP Continuing Education Office.
Learn More<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-w/>
Watch the Video!<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-yd/>
Course Registration
BIOL 498/698 Sec 88 Introduction to Aquaponics ( 3 credit(s))<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-yh/>
BIOL 498/698 Sec 882 Principles of Aquaponics ( 2 credit(s))<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-yk/>

Complete Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems®

[https://i2.createsend1.com/ei/r/29/F86/E96/csimport/fish300.133047.jpg]

Nelson and Pade, Inc., the most trusted name in aquaponics, offers Complete Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems® that include our patented ZDEP method to increase production and reduce waste.
Clear Flow Aquaponic Systems®<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-yu/>

More Aquaponics Training Opportunities

[https://i3.createsend1.com/ei/r/29/F86/E96/csimport/DSC00185.133413.jpg]

In addition to co-developing and co-teaching the UWSP Aquaponics Courses, Nelson and Pade, Inc. also offers a variety of other learning opportunities including:  Aquaponics Seminars, Aquaponics Master Class and Extended Stay Learning Program.
Learn more from the aquaponics experts.<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-jl/>

Tour our Facility

[https://i4.createsend1.com/ei/r/29/F86/E96/csimport/DSC00515.133640.JPG]

We offer tours of our aquaponics facility every Friday.
Join us for a tour and see first-hand what aquaponics is!
Tour Information<http://newsletters.giantseedcreative.com/t/r-l-pskrid-tjhjykdjtd-jr/>

Questions? We have Answers!
Phone: 608-297-8708
Fax: 866-815-8734