[Pond-management-news] A few pond-related items

Braig, Eugene braig.1 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 3 18:49:01 EDT 2020

Friends,

Because of a recent change of policy at Ohio State, my weekly Zoom "office" hours (https://senr.osu.edu/extensionoutreach/ponds-fisheries-aquatics/open-pond-clinic-zoom) now require a password to access.  No worries: for any of you planning to join me tomorrow (4 August) afternoon or any future Tuesday, simply enter the word "pond" when prompted.  I look forward to chatting.

Coming this Friday, 7 August: For those managing ponds or lakes and concerned about invasive species, Ohio State's Woodland Stewards program will be hosting a webinar on using the Great Lakes Early Detection Network app (GLEDN) for smart phones.  The Early Detection and Distribution Mapping System database (EDDMapS: https://www.eddmaps.org/about/) is a tool used to track the presence of invasive species for land managers, researchers, etc.  GLEDN is a smart-phone interface that allows you to photograph and submit reports of the presence of invasive species to EDDMapS from the field.  I will present a portion on the use of GLEDN to report aquatic invasive species.  If you like the idea of combatting invasive species on the landscape in service to your own pond/lake site, download the app (https://go.osu.edu/gledn) and check out Friday's webinar (https://woodlandstewards.osu.edu/events/great-lakes-early-detection-network-helping-land-managers-track-invasive-species).

Best,
Eugene

[The Ohio State University]
Eugene C. Braig IV Program Director, Aquatic Ecosystems
Ohio State University Extension School of Environment and Natural Resources
379a Kottman Hall | 2021 Coffey Rd. Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-3823 Office | 614-292-7432 Fax
braig.1 at osu.edu<mailto:braig.1 at osu.edu> osu.edu<http://osu.edu/>
http://senr.osu.edu/our-people/eugene-braig