[ΦTΣ] Why are We Basing Food Policy on Black Box Data?

Nina Teicholz teicholz at gmail.com
Sun May 15 17:54:26 EDT 2022

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

This is the first issue of my new newsletter, called Unsettled Science: on why it’s so hard to get good information on nutrition and health, plus other topics in science.

This news item is about a $380 million, influential study backed by the Gates Foundation, which is informing global health policies yet turns out to be producing highly unreliable numbers on the health risks of foods—red meat, especially. The study authors acknowledge that some numbers in a recent paper were inaccurate, yet they do not plan to correct or retract the paper.

READ HERE <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://unsettledscience.substack.com/p/why-are-we-basing-food-policy-on?s=w__;!!KGKeukY!wGluxzlYF76Jwbl-Hp6V3JL9qzsg2WAN6XwVh5L8n3fveiZA560uhN2qn-hRJjO_3pGQWqCigCUsLTYquAGn13U$ >

And please subscribe (currently free) if you like it.

Thanks! I’m excited about this new venture and look forward to sharing it with you.

Nina
p.s. If you don’t want to receive emails from me, please email and let me know.