[ΦTΣ] Reminder Phi Tau Sigma IFT Feeding Tommow Fun Run Registration Request

dkpark72 at aol.com dkpark72 at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 11:18:40 EDT 2018

Greetings Phi Tau Sigma members,

I write today to encourage all Phi Tau Sigma members to support the IFT/Feeding Tomorrow student scholarship program.  I recognize that not many of us can contribute a large donation to the scholarship fund, so today's message is about a simple and much less costly method where Phi Tau Sigma members can all support our food science students. It's not too late!

The IFT Student Association started a Fun Run as a fundraiser back about the year 2000.  Simply, at the IFT Annual Meetings and EXPO's, they held a 5K fun run event.  Participants pay a minimal fee and an event is held building community for the IFTSA and professional members.  The event is now managed by Feeding Tomorrow, the Foundation of IFT.  This year's event is a continuation of the student-led event with a fun 5K run or 1-Mile walk at IFT18 taking place Monday morning, July 16, 2018.  If you will not be at IFT this year, the Fun Run is also a "virtual event".  You can contribute to the scholarship fund by registering and then participating in a fitness event any time during the month of July.  Phi Tau Sigma has joined this effort by forming a 2018 "Phi Tau Sigma" Fun Run team.

We know that many of us want to support our profession and support the best and brightest students in helping to pay for a portion of their education (so they can get started on their careers!).  The entry fee is only $30 and I'm confident we can all afford to support our profession with only $30.  Sign up today.  Here's a link to more information and the registration page  http://www.iftevent.org/schedule-events/foundation  Our team name is 'Phi Tau Sigma'.

Please support our best and brightest students. Enjoy some fitness activity and feel good about yourself.  Be a part of the Phi Tau Sigma team!

If you have any questions, I would be pleased to reply. For those already registered for the Fun Run next week, I look forward to seeing you there!

Thank you so much for your support!

Dave

2018 Phi Tau Sigma Fun Run Team Captain

David K. Park