[OSU-SLSR] S-L News: Free Online Conference & More Resources for Instructors

slearning slearning at osu.edu
Thu May 7 11:48:00 EDT 2020

[cid:image001.png at 01D62465.5A13C430]

Ohio State Service-Learning News
Support for Transitioning Service-Learning to Virtual Environment
As we await decisions on what the Autumn 2020 semester will look like, we encourage all of you to begin considering how you will approach your service-learning course if online teaching is required to any degree.  For some of you, this may be relatively simple and just require setting up online introductions to your partner organization(s) with students continuing independent or group project work in similar ways they would have previously.  For others of you this may require more creative thinking and potentially new partnerships with online service opportunities.  Either way and anywhere in between, the Office of Service-Learning is here to help and support you.  From brainstorming potential approaches to providing a list of online service opportunities, we have resources available.  Congratulations on making it through Spring semester, and please do take some time to recharge, but then start thinking about what you can do to continue engaging your students and community in high impact, meaningful learning experiences.
Check out some of our resources at https://u.osu.edu/servicelearning/faculty/resources-for-online-s-l/.  Email slearning at osu.edu<mailto:slearning at osu.edu> with specific questions.

Resources and Opportunities
Campus Compact Conference Moves to Virtual Gathering
Campus Compact will be offering a free, online conference taking place next week, May 11-13, 2020.  No registration is required, and sessions will be streamed live on YouTube.  Check out this great free professional development opportunity!

For more information:  https://events.compact.org/conference

Sincerely,

Ola Ahlqvist and Claire Sweigart
Office of Academic Enrichment, Service-Learning