[OSU-SLSR] I Believe in Service-Learning at Ohio State

Cox, Harmony cox.529 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 30 14:13:22 EDT 2014

[cid:image001.png at 01CE3696.AD7FA0E0]

"I Believe in Service-Learning at Ohio State"- Campus Campaign
Service-learning makes an impact at Ohio State. In the last academic year, 2,819 students participated in service-learning, contributing over 30,000 hours of service at home and abroad. Service-Learning has been identified as a high-impact  learning activity based on National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) findings that it promotes deep/integrative learning and personal development for students at all levels. It is an opportunity for experiential education that takes students out of the classroom and into communities, letting them work with partners to meet real community needs and learn how they can connect academics to active citizenship.

The Service-Learning Initiative is Ohio State's main administrative support unit that facilitates service-learning and civic engagement on our campuses. Your contribution will enable us to continue supporting faculty, staff, and students through our course grants program, campus workshops and events, and other efforts. Please contribute to the S-LI Development Fund and help us make sure that every student at Ohio State has the chance to experience service-learning.  http://www.osu.edu/giving/philanthropy-programs/campuscampaign/ (search for "service-learning initiative" or "312453").
Sincerely,

Ola Ahlqvist and Harmony Cox
The Service-Learning Initiative at Ohio State

[cid:image002.png at 01CE3696.AD7FA0E0]