[OOD-users] Announcing Open OnDemand 1.7

Franz, Eric efranz at osc.edu
Thu Apr 23 13:22:41 EDT 2020

We are pleased to announce the release of Open OnDemand 1.7.
Highlights of Open OnDemand 1.7 include:

- Support running OnDemand with SELinux
- Update project dependencies
- Drop EL6 and add EL8 support
- Added the Linux Host Adapter
- Show account balance warnings
- Job Composer and Active Jobs match Dashboard Branding
- Titles for Files menu entries
- Documentation for Keycloak as identity broker with CILogon and Keycloak with Duo 2FA
- Add Grafana support for ActiveJobs app
- Improvements to ood-portal-generator
- Add an ssh wrapper to the shell app
- Regenerate ood-portal.conf with every apache restart
- Support sanitizing job names
- nginx_clean support for a specific user
- Dashboard now alerts on malformed cluster configs
- Job composer now shows suggested scripts
- Add ability to disable SSH to compute node link in batch connect session card
- Reduced installation size by 30 percent
- New shared OnDemand gem sets
Release notes and upgrade information can be found here:
https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/release-1.7/release-notes/v1.7-release-notes.html

We also started sharing links to OnDemand apps published on GitHub by other institutions besides OSC at https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/master/install-ihpc-apps.html. If you have apps available on GitHub please share them with us on this topic https://discourse.osc.edu/t/share-your-custom-ondemand-apps/689 or as a GitHub issue here: https://github.com/osc/ood-documentation/issues.

---
Eric Franz, Gateways Lead Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center
An Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) Member
1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
email: efranz at osc.edu