[OOD-users] Please use discourse.osc.edu in place of OOD-users

Chalker, Alan alanc at osc.edu
Mon Jan 21 12:52:01 EST 2019

Martin / Mike / Ric (and really everyone that is active on the OOD-users mailing list):

We are excited and appreciative that you all are helping one another with OOD issues - it's amazing that there is truly a community that's been built up here.

I'd like to encourage you all to utilize our discourse instance (discourse.osc.edu) moving forward instead of the ood-users mailing list, as it serves the same purpose and provides the same basic functionality as the mailing list, but also a lot of additional features and capabilities that will facilitate the documentation and searchability of discussions like this for other interested parties.

Please note our discourse instance is setup to require a CI-login associated account in order to post things.  If you don't want to or can't use an existing account for that, you can easily create a 'throwaway' Gmail account for that purpose (and still forward things to another alternate email address).

We'll continue to keep the ood-users list available, but at some point in the not too distant future we'll likely switch it to moderator only posting allowed and redirect any other submissions to the discourse.osc.edu instance.

As always, if anyone has any concerns or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out directly to me.

Alan Chalker, Ph.D.
alanc at osc.edu
614-247-8672