[OOD-users] bc_email_on_started

Jeremy Nicklas jeremywnicklas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:33:43 EDT 2018

There is although it isn't fully tested. The relevant documentation can be
found here:

https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/master/app-development/interactive/submit.html#specify-job-submission-parameters

Which links to all available options for the `script` field in the `
submit.yml.erb` file here:

https://www.rubydoc.info/gems/ood_core/OodCore/Job/Script

In particular there is an option called `email` that can be fed a single
string or an array of strings to send emails to.

An example `submit.yml.erb` file where we set a single email address would
be....

---
batch_connect:
  template: "basic"
script:
  wall_time: 3600
  queue_name: "debug"
  email_on_started: true
  email: <%= ENV["USER"] %>@tcnj.edu

Note, your mileage may vary depending on the resource manager your cluster
uses, as at the time we were unable to map every script option to a
corresponding resource manager argument.

-Jeremy Nicklas