[OOD-users] OnDemand Cluster Config Issues

Franz, Eric efranz at osc.edu
Thu Jun 21 17:14:04 EDT 2018

Chris,

The yaml content you pasted has “job:” without two spaces in front of it. Is that a paste issue or is that the actual yaml? It is important that “job:” be at the same indentation level as “metadata:” and “login:”.

What is an example of a job submission from the command line that works?

For the Torque adapter, it is using pbs-ruby gem and I believe this block of code is doing the actual job submission: https://github.com/OSC/pbs-ruby/blob/c05de926616ee0327ef997434dae766e5297ea95/lib/pbs/batch.rb#L427-L443

In this case, whatever is set as “host” in the job arguments is being used to set PBS_DEFAULT when calling qsub. So in the case below it would be executing:

PBS_DEFAULT=qsched02 /opt/moab/bin/qsub LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/moab/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH qsub …

If qsched02 is not the host but actually the queue and you intend to instead have qsub called like “qsub -q qsched02” then you need to take different steps to achieve that result.

Thanks,
Eric

---
Eric Franz, Senior Web & Interface App Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center
An Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) Member
1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
email: efranz at osc.edu