[OOD-users] Can't connect to Desktop VNC

John Hanks griznog at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 17:27:11 EST 2018

About the only thing I can think of would be a diagram of how the parts
interact, showing which files get used and where each process logs to. A
walkthrough showing what happens from the click to the job submission and
what files/processes control it would be super helpful. Maybe that is in
the docs and I haven't found it yet. Poor grasp of ruby along with the way
things are distributed/organized being unfamiliar makes it a bit confusing
to sort out. For instance still digging around to see what I should change
to add an option for number of cores to the bc_desktop app. Not sure how
you can make me learn faster though :)

We have a number of home-grown things that run standalone in flask or some
other "my favorite self-contained environment" that varies from user to
user so I hope to become familiar with this as ood makes it super easy to
set that kind of thing up. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions soon.

griznog