[OOD-users] Open OnDemand with LDAP/Duo auth

Dockendorf, Trey tdockendorf at osc.edu
Wed Dec 12 09:49:01 EST 2018

While we have not tested Duo with OnDemand there are a few ways I can imagine it working.  First would be using Keycloak OpenID Connect for authentication to OnDemand and having Keycloak do the LDAP authentication.  There is a plugin someone posted to Keycloak mailing list [1] some time ago that may allow Duo to work with Keycloak.  We do use Keycloak for OnDemand but not the Duo portion.  Another option that may be possible is using Duo’s LDAP proxy [2] and then configure something like Keycloak to do LDAP authentication through the Duo LDAP proxy.

Keycloak supports 2FA but not using Duo.  We have lightly tested basic 2FA with Keycloak at OSC but not something we’ve deployed to production.

- Trey

[1]: https://github.com/mulesoft-labs/keycloak-duo-spi
[2]: https://duo.com/docs/ldap

--