[OOD-users] Abaqus Batch submission

Franz, Eric efranz at osc.edu
Wed Oct 18 16:20:47 EDT 2017

Kyle,

Are you considering creating a job template for Job Composer, or were you looking for something more substantial, such as the user submitting a web form with a field to upload the inp file?

In the past at OSC we have provided some users either a job template for Job Composer (https://github.com/OSC/osc-myjobs-templates/tree/master/Basic_ABAQUS_Job_Oakley) or a simple OnDemand app that provides a custom interface to submit batch jobs (screenshots: https://github.com/AweSim-OSC/batch-abaqus#screenshots). The Job Composer template may be useful in copying to make your own. We are looking to support building custom “science gateway” style apps in the future in Open OnDemand, but the simple OnDemand “Batch Abaqus” app example is just there to demonstrate what is possible – it would need to be updated to work with Open OnDemand.

In both of those cases, we didn’t use Abaqus to generate the batch job, like it appears you are doing with the -j option. Instead we create our own batch job script and run Abaqus in that context.
We are definitely interested in building interfaces to many of these common solvers in the future.

Does that help?

Thanks,
Eric

---
Eric Franz, Senior Web & Interface App Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center
An Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) Member
1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
email: efranz at osc.edu