[OOD-users] Selecting Resources on Job Composer

McMichael, Brian bmcmichael at osc.edu
Fri Oct 13 09:40:05 EDT 2017

Hello Kyle,

This isn't a feature we've implemented yet in the Job Composer. This is because the Job Composer currently does not have any knowledge of either the resources available on the underlying cluster, or of the specific headers required by any particular job manager. As such, the Job Composer itself makes no alterations to a user's script prior to submission.

We've discussed creating a "script generation tool" for a configured cluster at https://github.com/OSC/ood-myjobs/issues/230, but currently it's not on our roadmap, as it would require creating provisions for all of our supported resource managers. Please feel free to check out the current discussion and comment with your use-case as that may push it up our priority list.

If this is an absolute must-have feature for you, you could fork the application at https://github.com/OSC/ood-myjobs and make the changes to suit your needs, but that would limit our ability to provide updates to you in the future.

Best regards,

Brian McMichael

Brian L. McMichael
Web and Interface Applications Engineer