[OOD-users] Testing OOD on OpenHPC 1.3.2 with CentOS 7.3 Cluster Head Node

Nicklas, Jeremy jnicklas at osc.edu
Thu Oct 5 16:48:12 EDT 2017

Hi Dominic,

It seems your build environment differs from the per-user NGINX runtime environment. One thing to be made aware of is that the PUN process is launched from within a `sudo` call, which in turn wipes LD_LIBRARY_PATH (so it only relies on system libraries).

A couple of suggestions which we should probably document:

- re-build the web apps with `unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH`, so it better mimics the runtime environment (in fact you should make sure your ~/.profile, ~/.bash_profile, and ~/.bashrc aren't loading special libraries or binaries)
- or override the wrapper script used to launch each PUN (/opt/ood/nginx_stage/bin/ood_ruby) so that you export the necessary libraries in LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I'd suggest the former option so that you are using the CentOS system libraries. This allows you to keep up-to-date with CentOS security patches to these libraries.

Jeremy Nicklas
Web and Interface App Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC)
A member of the Ohio Technology Consortium
1224 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio 43212
Office: (614) 292-6739 • Mobile: (614) 316-6428 • Fax: (614) 292-7168
jnicklas at osc.edu

Learn more about OSC at https://osc.edu