[OOD-users] Announcing Open OnDemand 1.2

Basil Mohamed Gohar bgohar at osc.edu
Fri Nov 3 16:30:28 EDT 2017

We are happy to announce the release of Open OnDemand 1.2.  This release
contains many bug fixes and some developer-mode enhancements.
Highlights include:

  - Taking a step towards global configuration by moving the
configuration file for nginx_stage
<https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/release-1.2/infrastructure/nginx-stage.html#nginx-stage>
to /etc/ood/config/nginx_stage.yml (we intend on migrating all
configuration to /etc/ood/config in the future).
  - The developer interface in the Dashboard is dynamically enabled when
the developer creates the sandbox directory ~/ondemand/dev under their
home directory.
  - To make Interactive App development debugging easier the full
command used when submitting a batch job is now logged under
/var/log/nginx/<user>/error.log on the corresponding OnDemand node.
  - The Files App now opens and displays PDF and HTML files in a new tab
when a user attempts to View the selected file.
  - A multitude of bugfixes…

==Documentation==

Release notes & upgrade information can be found here:
https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/release-1.2/release-notes/v1.2-release-notes.html

==Upcoming==

Come see us at SC17!  We're in booth 2007 next to NVIDIA & Penguin
Computing.  Visit the OSC booth and see videos, presentations, and talk
to us about OnDemand.

Suggestions for topics for our next webinar are also welcome.

==Keep Updated==

To stay informed about Open OnDemand and find out more about new
releases, upcoming webinars, or events, make sure to join our mailing
list: https://lists.osu.edu/mailman/listinfo/ood-users

Also, check out our website regularly for access to previous materials,
presentations, more information, or to get Open OnDemand yourself:
https://osc.github.io/Open-OnDemand/