[OOD-users] Jupyter status?

Jason F Sommerfield jasons at psc.edu
Wed Jun 7 15:48:20 EDT 2017

[Again--thanks for the excellent existing functionality in Open OnDemand!]

PSC has a burning need for simple** Jupyter support and OOD would be an
ideal interface for such--that I'd like to encourage development on this
front.  If a general-purpose web proxy of sorts, it might be useful for
other web-interfaced applications (e.g. Hadoop) as well.  The feedback
I'm getting from our user consultants is that even something
Jupyter-specific would be pretty very impactful.

Has this effort yet been planned that there's an ETA, a likely direction
(custom app or fork of JupyerHub?) or any identified opportunity to
contribute?

**we have an awkward work-around and have been investigating JupyterHub

Jason Sommerfield | jasons at psc.edu | 1-412-268-9606
Coordinator, Systems & Operations
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center, 300 S. Craig Street, Pittsburgh PA, 15213