[OOD-users] TFA

Franz, Eric efranz at osc.edu
Thu Aug 3 17:19:39 EDT 2017

Susan,

At OSC we provide authentication to OOD through 2 means: external CILogon and local KeyCloak OIDC provider that we configured with our local LDAP. Both are using OIDC (OpenID Connect) and are configured with Apache in OOD using mod_auth_openidc. KeyCloak, when properly configured, can provide users the option to enable 2FA using either FreeOTP or Google Authenticator. So another option would be for you to configure OOD at PSC to authenticate using KeyCloak, and then the subset of users that require 2FA could enable it themselves. You can see the documentation describing what users can do here: https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/documentation/server_admin/topics/account.html

We think KeyCloak can be extended to work with Duo as well, but that is not built into KeyCloak.

KeyCloak is a RedHat product and the main website here: http://www.keycloak.org/

We have yet to explore these 2FA options with KeyCloak at OSC. But we have started working on making installation directions for using KeyCloak with OOD for authentication and how we can help make that process easier, since many people have asked about 2FA.

Thanks,
Eric

---
Eric Franz, Senior Web & Interface App Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center
An Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) Member
1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
email: efranz at osc.edu