[Ohiogift] OAGC March News Flash - Fall Conference Proposals; Advocacy Updates; Call for Nominations, and Scholarships

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Thu Mar 17 15:30:28 EDT 2022

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

OAGC March News Flash - Fall Conference Proposal Deadline; Advocacy Update on Report Card Rules; OAGC Board and Scholarship Deadlines  |
| Professional Development |
| Fall Conference Spring is in the air, so it is now time to think about submitting a proposal for the OAGC Annual Fall Conference. We are excited that this year is the 70th anniversary of the association. To download a call for proposal, please go to https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://oagc.com/events/fall-conference/__;!!KGKeukY!hFN6hCEB7dvLVA1dyTbd0tNOnhev8x47pcTENR-J7jgxtPRulyGZD9Mg_aZDweXVQqpF$ . The deadline to submit a proposal is April 15th. You may ask for a short extension if needed.  |
| Advocacy |
| State Board Approves the Report Card Rules ApprovedThe State Board approved the rules for the new report card. While the process is not quite complete, this is a major step in the process. For more information, please go to https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://oagc.com/advocacy/advocacy-alerts/__;!!KGKeukY!hFN6hCEB7dvLVA1dyTbd0tNOnhev8x47pcTENR-J7jgxtPRulyGZD9Mg_aZDwQFPbNzK$ .  |
| General Information  |
| Call for Nominations The Call for Nominations to the OAGC Governing Board is now available. The nomination form can be accessed here. The positions to be filled can be accessed here. The deadline to submit nominations is April 30th. Memberships If your email has changed or you prefer a different email for the OAGC website, please contact Kay Tarbutton at oagcregistrar at gmail.com to update. OAGC Review Articles Needed OAGC is looking for a few good articles for the Fall Review. To ask for an extension, or to submit articles, please email anngift at aol.com by June 15th. Summer Scholarships. The deadline to apply for an OAGC college scholarship is April 15th. The OAGC Distinguished Student Award is June 1. For more information and directions on how to apply, please go to https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://oagc.com/resources/scholarships/__;!!KGKeukY!hFN6hCEB7dvLVA1dyTbd0tNOnhev8x47pcTENR-J7jgxtPRulyGZD9Mg_aZDwbTzeg55$ . Gifted HQPD -- High Quality Professional Development Now more than ever, it is important to have access to high-quality gifted professional development. OAGC has been working hard to assist districts in implementing the new classroom teacher gifted HQPD requirement. We have an incredible amount of new tools and information to assist gifted professionals and districts. Also, we have 60 hours of online, Ohio-specific professional development through our partnership with Responsive Learning (formerly GTIGNITE). For more information about these courses along with all the incredible new tools and documents that will help you plan, provide, and track gifted HQPD, please go to https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.oagc.com/hqpd/__;!!KGKeukY!hFN6hCEB7dvLVA1dyTbd0tNOnhev8x47pcTENR-J7jgxtPRulyGZD9Mg_aZDwcYjC6ic$ . Donate to OAGC As you begin to make your year-end charitable contributions, please remember that OAGC is the only organization in Ohio advocating on the behalf of gifted children. We hope that you will  consider a donation to OAGC by going to the following link https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.oagc.com/donate__;!!KGKeukY!hFN6hCEB7dvLVA1dyTbd0tNOnhev8x47pcTENR-J7jgxtPRulyGZD9Mg_aZDwbFMlc6E$ . Amazon Smile Did you know you could assist OAGC merely by ordering your Amazon goods? It's simple. Just by making the following portal https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-7442288__;!!KGKeukY!hFN6hCEB7dvLVA1dyTbd0tNOnhev8x47pcTENR-J7jgxtPRulyGZD9Mg_aZDwQ3JGzvO$  your default for Amazon orders, Amazon will donate a small percentage to OAGC. Social Media ConnectionsDo you Tweet? Follow the OAGC Advocacy Updates by following oagcgifted at www.twitter.com/oagcgifted . Are you on Facebook? Become a fan of OAGC by clicking on https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/OhioAGC__;!!KGKeukY!hFN6hCEB7dvLVA1dyTbd0tNOnhev8x47pcTENR-J7jgxtPRulyGZD9Mg_aZDwTfy7NiQ$ . YouTube Channel: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Cm1U25Bmr1f7z56AbD9__;!!KGKeukY!hFN6hCEB7dvLVA1dyTbd0tNOnhev8x47pcTENR-J7jgxtPRulyGZD9Mg_aZDwR8MXzlK$  |

Ann Sheldon
Ohio Association for Gifted Children
501 Morrison Rd., Ste. 101
Gahanna, OH 43230