[Ohiogift] January WCOAGC

ms118rbts at aol.com ms118rbts at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 15:22:04 EST 2021

Dear Colleagues,WCOAGC is excited to offer January professional development through ZOOM with Dr. Desiree Sharp, Torrance Center Program Coordinator and Dr. Anna Abraham, E. Paul Torrance Professor, Department of Educational Psychology and Director of Torrance Center for Creativity and Talent Development. This offering for using the “Torrance Toolbox” will be in two sessions:Session 1: Using the Torrance Tests of Creative Thinking for Assessment and BeyondIn this Professional Development workshop, the Torrance Center will detail the creativity components measured by the TTCT and how we can use students' performance to inform classroom curriculum development. We also will give PD participants ideas for how to use warm-ups to easily establish a creative learning environment, including suggestions for short-term performance evaluation.

Session 2: A Deeper Look at the Creative ClassroomThis second Professional Development workshop offered by the Torrance Center will go deeper into how we design a creative learning environment and address limitations faced by many gifted collaborators and coordinators. Participants in this workshop will be given tools to enhance creativity at the level of the individual student, collaborative group projects, and the overall classroom climate and culture. Many of our tools will be based on Creative Problem Solving strategies.
Be sure to register this week, as space is limited to 50 participants. Registration cost is per participant, with a deadline of December 21.
We wish all of you a joyous holiday season and a wonderful winter break! Yours in Education,The WCOAGC Planning CommitteeSally Roberts                Angela Fugate            Caroline Ferguson             Kiara WilliamsKathy Spyrou                Sandy Vogt                 Aimee Ashcraft                  Casey McBride