[Ohiogift] Dr. Lelia Boyd

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Tue Nov 30 14:42:21 EST 2021

Everyone: Dr. Lelia Boyd - an outstanding, lifelong advocate for gifted education - has passed away. Even in retirement in recent years, Dr. Boyd remained active on behalf of gifted education, as with her summer workshops held each year at the University of Dayton. Jean Kremer Heckler, a lifelong friend and former student of Dr. Boyd's, sent the announcement below concerning Dr. Boyd and her legacy:

Hi, everyone. I received this message from Dr. Lelia Boyd’s grandson:

Dr Boyd lived in Beavercreek, and was the gifted coordinator in the Trotwood School District many years before moving to Batavia. She hosted the very popular gifted summer program at the University of Dayton, called Summer Laureate. Dr. Boyd fell and had a fatal blow to her head. She made a difference for lots of families!
I wanted to let you all know that Dr. Boyd unfortunately passed away this weekend. She loved her Laureate family so much, and I am so happy that we were all able to share our memories with her for her 90th birthday video. She will certainly be missed, but I know her legacy in education will live on through all of you and through all of the kids who came through the Laureate. I also wanted to pass along the details for the Memorial and Funeral Service:
Memorial Service

Tuesday, November 30thFirst Baptist Church of Glen Este1034 Old State Route 74Batavia, OH. 451036:00  Visitation 7:15  Service
Funeral ServiceThursday, December 2Powell Funeral Home39 Main StreetSalt Lick, KY. 403713:00 Funeral Service followed by a graveside service
Flowers are appreciated, or you may consider sending contributions in Lelia’s honor to her childhood church:
Salt Lick Christian ChurchP.O. Box 232Salt Lick, Kentucky. 40371
Thank you all for being such a wonderful part of her life.
Grandson Blake

Via
Jean Kremer Heckler
jean.kremer11 at gmail.com