[Ohiogift] A book recommendation

Sandra Warren Sandra at arliebooks.com
Fri May 29 22:01:28 EDT 2020

Teachers & Parents & students themselves,

Every once in awhile a book comes along that is a pure joy to read; one
that shows the evolution of a gifted child into a brilliant explorer. That
book is *Ship of Gold:In the Deep Blue Sea, *by Gary Kinder.  Read it for
pleasure but note the signs of giftedness in the child, Tommy Thompson, who
would grow up to be, if not one of, then the greatest deep sea explorer and
treasure hunter of our times. The story is grounded in the California Gold
Rush of 1857 and the disappearance of the SS Central America that went down
in a hurricane carrying more gold than anyone had ever seen, and the
persistence of  Tommy Thompson, who, in the 1980's and 1990's, spent years
in the search.

I was struck by the many characteristics we talk about in gifted children
that were obvious in everything Thompson did to find the gold.

I hope you enjoy this exciting piece of American history and see what I saw
in the incredible story.

Sandra Warren

--
NEW:
OBSESSED BY A PROMISE - now on Amazon.com

www.sandrawarren.com
www.arliebooks.com
http://sandrawarrenwrites.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/SandraWarrenNC